Thursday, September 18, 2008

Busy Busy

I just got a big wholesale order for a Chicago boutique so I am going to be busier than a one-legged man at an ass-kicking contest. Its a little bit of everything - baby afghans, hats, and hair clips. It does mean a merry Christmas for our chitlins baring any other disasters that deplete our meager savings. And maybe I get that new tattoo that I want for my upcoming 40th birthday! w00t!

We will going to the Clermont Days festival this weekend. My BFF Christine and my artist friend Suzie (owner of the gallery where I sometimes exhibit) will be sharing a booth. (I generally don't do a lot of local festivals because my stuff is too strange for this area.) Anyways, there is a lovely parade with lots of tractors and its a nice start to the fall festival season up here.

I will be doing the Athens Farmer's Market next weekend with Christine. It sounds like it will be a lot of fun. I will be taking my art work, slips, hair clips, and some hats. And I am sure I will be working on this big order!

Oh, and congratulations to my mom, http://silksiren.etsy.com, who made her first etsy sale! Way to go, Mum!

2 comments:

Alexis Jacobs said...

Wow! You are hitting it big time :)

bonnie said...

congrats on the order!
my thumb has not yet recovered
from the wedding order,
but i am so glad it is over.
so glad.
what kinda tattoo??
ernie wants a new one too.
i feel like age and babies
have given me enough "tattoos",
but sometimes i think ... maybe.