Sunday, July 06, 2008

More Bluebirds???

As you may know, we currently have two bluebird boxes in the front yard. One is called Rainbow and one is called Pinkie. We had one nest of birds earlier in the spring in Rainbow. We then installed Pinkie, and had two more nests with eggs. Both sets hatched, but sadly we believe that a predator got to the babies in Rainbow before they fledged. On a happier note, the first babies from Pinkie were robust and fledged successfully!

I cleaned out both boxes the other day, and less than 24 hours later the birds had built new nests. Rainbow currently has 3 eggs while Pinkie is still empty. I will continue to post about our bluebird boxes as I have become fascinated with their life cycle.

Still trying to get out of the avalanche of craft supplies and make sense of my space. I've been knitting booties, although I tire of the yarns quickly so they will become ornaments for sale in the shop:

No comments: