Monday, July 28, 2008

Fun Weekend and Its Monday!

I hate not having pictures to share but I did want to post so here goes....

We did the Hall County Farmer's Market this weekend. I didn't sell squat but Lulu did about $10. They really need to get their act together and get some better leadership. The set up of the booths is a real problem. I don't think I will do it again.

Yesterday, we met the grandparents (Scott's mom and step-dad) for lunch. The girls had a blast seeing them. We had a nice lunch at Sydney's off Jesse Jewell.

Later, we went to the Oakwood pool. We had a really great time. The girls adore swimming.

in knitting news, I have picked up a couple patterns and I am knitting the INFAMOUS 5-Hour Baby Sweater. I've given this a go several times, always ending in frustration. I finally found a version that eliminates the lacey parts, which is what threw me. I am having great success. I did the yoke in a bulky varigated yarn in purples, pinks and orange. I finished that skein (it was a discontinued bargain bin skein) and I am knitting the rest in a pretty shiny watermelon pink from Caron. I am using size 13 needles so it actually may end up fitting Fern.

I took that Tokyo handspun I bought from etsy and I am crochet a little dress from a vintage pattern. There is something nice about using a pattern and not having to design. I can just lay back and follow the instructions.

Today, we did some tie-dye shirts. I did a skirt and some leggings. We should have finished shirts tomorrow and I will definitely have pictures.

I have a cold right now, so we are taking it easy today. I am going to teach the girls to play Jenga.

No comments: