Friday, March 14, 2008

Spring has sprung?

I had fun yesterday with Fern. The day before, all four of us went to a local school and picked up tennis balls around the tennis courts. We do this every few months, and we take them to the Humane Society for the dogs.

So Fern and I got to give the balls to the dogs ourselves. She loved it. I think I saw about 8 dogs that could just take home right now! I especially love to visit the older dogs. I mean, puppies are cute and all but the older dogs need love too. We also held a couple of the cats.

I would love to have another cat. I really miss having one around. I don't miss the litter box and the vomit and the hair. Scott is dead set against it and he is right. Unless we got one that was mostly an outdoor cat....maybe?

We are making plans for the vegetable garden. Last year, we had tomatoes, okra, squash, zucchini, hot peppers, bell peppers, green beans, eggplant, potatoes, Swiss chard and corn. I am hoping that we do less (none) okra since no one eats it and more Swiss chard. Scott also planted some apple trees and the grapes are coming back.

We had a nice time yesterday afternoon with my BBF Christine. We went to the park with our girls and played on the 'beach', which is the really just the shoreline exposed by the drought. The girls got thoroughly dirty and muddy and we had a blast.

No comments: