Thursday, March 06, 2008

Shhhh......

I've been buying beads. Not for making jewelry, but to add to my crowns. I need more shiny, sparkling stuff. A little Paypal money is a dangerous thing....

I sold my first crown yesterday, and I have 2-3 custom requests. I am very excited! I think these will do well.

My friend Christine came over yesterday to get some pull tags. She is making the cutest shamrock pins! Check them out here: http://xinedurkin.blogspot.com. She is heading up a group at ravelry.com for extreme fiber. I am still waiting on my registration to go through so I can join.

I had this big idea that I was going to talk her into trying to crochet with chitlins. I mean, they are pig intestines right? Long strings = yarn-like? We could film and be youtube stars, drive traffic to our shops and get on Oprah. Me and my chitlin scarf would be famous!

Well, it turns out that chitlins aren't perfect long strings and Christine was not feeling the chitlin love. I will have to come up with something else.

No comments: