Monday, October 08, 2007

Festival Mania!






What a wonderful weekend! I shared a booth with two friends at the 2007 Turning and Burning Festival in Gillsville, Georgia. This festival celebrates the pottery of the Hewell Family. My friend Christine makes goat's milk soap (www.threesisters.ecrater.com) and my friend Tina is a spinner and knitter. I was sort of the wacky tagalong with the funky stuff. We had a blast! I sold some hats and scarves, a few dishcloths, some magnets and a painting. Our booth looked wonderful. It was fun talking to folks and people watching. Scott brought the girls up and they got to ride the ponies - always a hit.

Yesterday, we took the girls to Suches, Georgia for the Indian Summer Festival at the Woody Gap School. This is apparently the smallest public school in Georgia. Lulu got to hit a teenager in the face with a pie as part of a fundraiser. She also got to to the bungee jump. Lulu and I bought some homemade lip balms made with local beeswax and Scott bought 2 lbs of local sourwood honey. We had a great time.

I am working on some new stuff for the shop, mostly scarflettes. I need a neck (real or not) to photo them on. I am also working on a top secret project that is sure to be a big seller on etsy.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: