Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Art from found materials...


So, a few weeks ago my friend Christine and I were riding down the road. While at a stoplight, I spotted a nice piece of plywood in the road. I warned her I was jumping out of the care to get it. She said, "What the hell are you going to do with that?" I replied that I didn't know but that it would be good to paint on for sure.

Yesterday, I painted a sign for her soap business. It turned out really well. I have quite happy with the goat but I wish I had done more of a stylized font for the lettering. I didn't want to take the chance on messing it up though. I hope she likes it! Its pretty big, about 20 inches tall and about 3 feet wide. I think I am going to paint the back in a darker blue and do "Handmade Soap" in a while stylized font.

We finished making the muscadine jelly last night. I had to add 2 cups of regular grape juice to the last batch to get a full 4 cups of juice. That is a lot of jelly! We'll give most of it away at Christmas to teaches, bus drivers, etc.

No comments: