Thursday, May 15, 2008

Entertainer of the Year

Our MOMS Club Annual banquet was Tuesday night at the Chattahoochee Country Club. I wasn't going to go but Christine was going and offered to drive. I just hate getting dressed up, mostly because I have no clothes that are stay-at-home-mom stuff and I am too fat for anything super cool.

But I managed to pull something together and go. I ended up receiving the award for Most Entertaining/Funniest Mom. That was really sweet. I also won an auction for 3 hours of babysitting. It never occurred to me to donate something for the auction, say a pretty tutu and tiara or $100 gift certificate to electric bluebird.

I had a wonderful time. I am so lucky to have hooked up with such a great group of moms. I look forward to seeing what the new board plans for the club.

I whipped out my paints and knitting needles again. I needed a change. I haven't decided if I am knitting a scarf or scarflette. The picture is called "Cats Don't Eat Cupcakes".

No comments: