Sunday, August 20, 2006

Space Invaders!


Space Invaders Tote
Originally uploaded by lunchieb.
I've been working on this tote all week. I am really pleased with the way it turned out. I still think it needs a toggle or some closure at the top. And I think I will also stitch around the strap so its not quite as stretchy.

This is the first time I've cross-stitched on crochet fabric. I am not sure I did it correctly - the stitches seem more rectangular and not square. On the advice of my husband (did I just say that?), I outlined the space invader. The eyes still didn't stand out so I added a dollop of glow-in-the-dark puff paint and some pearl buttons. I didn't sew the buttons, just stuck them in the paint.

Is Pac-Man next? Hmmm....

1 comment:

~drew emborsky~ said...

Hey superstar, that's one hot tote! Now why didn't I think of that? ;)