Sunday, June 03, 2007

A new focus!

Well, after much research and soul-searching, I have decided to put my ebay sales on the back-burner and concentrate on selling my handmade things. I am determined to make some sales. After lurking and posting in the etsy forums, I have a renewed sense of direction. I need to start doing some promotion, most listing, and some learning. I have received excellent feedback regarding my inventory so I think that more promotion and more stock is the way to proceed.


I've been making more hats lately since I sold just about all I had last season. I have about 8 done. I will try and list one every other day or so once I get some good pictures.


I still need a logo. I have been doodling and I still cannot come up with anything I like.


Hubby gave me some much needed alone time yesterday. He took the girls to bass Pro Shop for some kiddie event. They were actually gone for about 5 hours, which is a lot for Fern. Apparently, she did very well considering she is still nursing.

I cannot believe its June already.

1 comment:

Who Me? said...

HIYA, it's Chrisx4. I read the last full two pages of your blog and enjoyed it.

I owned a brick and mortar store for years and MARKETING is KEY. Even in cyberworld. I rcommend getting some really cheap/FREE busines cards for dif things, flyers that can be posted appropriately and start a commitment to MARKETING yourself. Perhaps do a charity event where the winner will get a personalized item (afghan with their surname, hat in the elementary colors, etc)...it's nearly FREE advertising and you can get additional orders just by seeing the product on display.

I just picked up a book I am supposed to review on marketing. It's called Your Gut is Still Not Smarter Than your Head by Kevin Clancy and Peter Krieg. I have not begun it but it's subtitle is: How Disciplined, Fact-Based Marketing Can Drive Extraordinary Growth and Profits. It may not seem that marketing is important in small home based business and craft gigs but it TRULY is the way to be successful. Sorry to yammer on, but don't be a stranger on YS-queen.
Chrisx4