Sunday, August 15, 2010

Roasted Tomatoes


Had a buttload of tomatoes and I had to use them up. I cleaned off the pokey stems, rinsed them off and tossed them with some olive oil and salt and pepper. I put them on 2 cookie sheets lined with tin foil. I roasted them at 450 for about 25-30 minutes. I left them to cool for a while.

Came back and sauteed some onion in some oil. I added some garlic. I added one sheet of the tomatoes and some chicken stock, basil and marjoram. I let the soup simmer for an hour, then whizzed it with the immersion blender. I added a pint of heavy cream. At this point, I tasted and realized it needed to be strained. I whipped out the chinois and strained it. Smooth and tasty. We'll have it tomorrow with subs.

The rest of the tomatoes got tossed in another pot and simmered with garlic for a while. I added some onions and red and orange peppers and meatballs. We will have spaghetti and meatballs tonight.

Mission accomplished!

No comments: