Sunday, September 06, 2009

Good News, Bad News


Well, the bad news is that Malcolm's time with us has come to an end. I finally found his owner's via Craigslist. I had been searching CL, the local papers and petfinder.org daily since we got him. And while I had been searching Lost & Found on CL, I didn't know there was a separate section for Pets. Yesterday, I found the listing there. Turns out his owners miss him and were quite distraught about his disappearance. His name is actually Spike and he is just 5 years old. He's quite large for being so young.
We've all enjoyed our time with Spike/Malcolm but I am very happy that he is loved and missed and will be reunited with his owners. I know they will be happy too. We looked at the address of his home and where was found on mapquest. Looks like he managed to travel 1/2 mile away from home over the two days between the time he left and the time Scott picked him up. That is quite a distance!
So long Spike/Malcolm! We sure enjoyed our time with you.

2 comments:

Alexis Jacobs said...

I am sure his owner is very grateful that you guys took such good care of him.

Alexis Jacobs said...

I am sure his owner is very grateful that you guys took such good care of him.