Friday, September 25, 2009

The flu has found us.

Just after we all got over a nasty cold, Lu has come down with the flu. Not sure what kind (Type A or swine) but it doesn't really matter. Poor baby girl. She's down for the count.

I've been dyeing a lot of slips lately. I am trying to get good and stocked for the holidays. I've also started listing some hats. I am also making some wreaths to take up the the gallery. I found 4 wreath forms at a yard sale and Lord knows I have enough stuff to whip up some pretty holiday things.

Last year, I made a bunch of "Lipstick on a Pig" ornaments and I still have some that didn't sell. If I can re-work them and get the lipstick off, they will become Swine '09 ornaments.

Hunting season is here and Scott will have some wonky hours. But that also means its soup season and I am looking forward to getting my soup on.

What a mess here in Atlanta with all of this rain. According to our rain gauge, we got 13 inches over a week. Our creek didn't get near the bank, which I think is a benefit of having a big hole (Lake Lanier) for it to drain into.

But wow....all of the pictures sure do bring back memories of the floods in S. Georgia in 1994 - the brown much, the water lines, the piles of garbage outside homes. I will have to scan some photos. That is also when Scott and I started dating. We worked together but didn't know each other well. We were sent down as a "disaster team" to work in a disaster center and to help people clean their water wells. The man had me laughing my ass of on the drive down. I pretty much knew then I was going to marry him.

No comments: