Thursday, January 01, 2009

My Husband the Artist


Scott will tell you he doesn't have an artistic bone in his body but that just isn't true. I woke up this morning and found this...

Bottle of Canadian Mist: $12
Sharpie: $2
Spaghetti Squash: $4
Your husband's artwork: Priceless

Happy new year and all that! I am looking forward to an exciting 2009. I am excited about so many things this year. I am excited about camping! My parents gave us a huge family tent for Christmas and I am so excited about us finally all going to a state park for a few days. We are lucky to live near several really great parks (Unicoi, Vogel) and I think the girls will really enjoy it. Lulu in particular loves the outdoors. She just finished reading a book about the 50 state flowers, and managed to identify a (faux) magnolia in the doctor's office.

I am also excited about my etsy shop. I am painting more and I really enjoy it. I am looking into doing some prints, maybe t-shirts with my artwork. I also plan to do more sewing like pillows and the vintage slips.

And I am excited about hitting the gym again. Its been spotty the last couple of months - either I was sick or Fern was sick and unable to be in the childcare. Now that I have discovered the guilty pleasures of the Real Housewives of the OC, its all good. I can do an hour on the treadmill with no problem. But I also want to get into yoga. I just wish the Y had regular yoga and I didn't have to suffer through the Christ-centered stuff. So not my bag. No offense, but this Buddhist-leaning non-Christian wishes it was the plain old yoga without the bible lesson.

Cheers for 2009!

No comments: